Welcome to Glastonbury Abbey, in Somerset
Visitor Attraction, Scheduled Ancient Monument and Church
- Romantic Ruins - Once the grandest and richest Abbey in England. A great Glastonbury experience awaits you here!
- Peaceful parkland - Such a special atmosphere within our 36 acres of Somerset parkland,
ponds, orchard and wildlife areas.
- History brought to life by our costumed guides - from March until October.
Hear tales of the past from monks, kitchen maids, pilgrims and even King Arthur's court!
- Legendary burial place of King Arthur - Was King Arthur and his Queen
Guinevere buried here? Our story starts in 1191.
- 2000 years of History and Mystery - Traditionally the earliest Christian sanctuary in Britain. Did
Joseph of Arimathea bring Jesus here?
- A place for all seasons! Snowdrops in winter; glorious daffodils in spring; Wildflowers in summer and
wonderful autumn tree colour.
- Outdoor Summer Cafe, the perfect place to relax and soak up the atmosphere of this historic site. Open May
until end of September.
- Retail therapy can be found in our excellent Gift Shop, well stocked
with unusual gifts and much, much more.
- Modern Visitor Centre, museum and model.
- Exhibitions and Events throughout the year.